Savannah Red Cupcakes
Recipe type: Dessert – Cupcakes
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 fluid ounce red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease two 12 cup muffin pans.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. 4. Mix in the eggs, buttermilk, red food coloring and vanilla.
- Stir in the baking soda and vinegar. Combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt; stir into the batter just until blended.
- Spoon the batter ⅔ full into the prepared cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter and frost with desired frosting.