Pumpkin Cupcakes Topped With Cinnamon Cream Cheese
Recipe type: Cupcakes
These cupcakes are so simple to make. They’re perfect for Thanksgiving Holiday! Some recipes ask for buttermilk, but I used regular milk and they came out so tasty and moist!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for greasing pans
- 1 cup firmly packed dark-brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk mixed with 1 teaspoon vanilla (
- 1¼ cups canned solid-pack pumpkin ( I used Libby’s Pumpkin Can)
- Preheat the oven to 350° (175°C). Line a cupcake pan with 18 liners.
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and pepper into a medium bowl.
- Add the eggs 1 at a time to the mixer, scraping down the sides after each addition. Alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures, beginning and ending with the flour. Beat in the pumpkin until smooth. Scoop the batter among the cupcake liners — you’re looking to get them ¾ full. Tap the filled pans once on the counter to release any air bubbles. Bake the cakes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Cool the cupcakes on racks completely.
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Directions: 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature ½ cup butter, at room temperature 3 cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 2 teaspoons cinnamon In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Add in the powdered sugar slowly, mixing until completely incorporated. Mix in the vanilla and cinnamon.