Peanut Butter Blossoms
Serves: 4 dozen
- ½ cup of Crisco Butter Flavor Vegetable Shortening
- ½ cup of Jiff creamy peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar, divided
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, but I add 1½ (more flavorful)
- 1¾ cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Bag of Hershey Kisses – You can use any flavor. I used Hershey Kisses with Almonds.
- Pre heat oven to 375 F
- Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and ½ cup of white sugar in large bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add gradually to creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until stiff dough forms.
- SHAPE into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- TOP each cookie immediately with an unwrapped chocolate piece, pressing down firmly so that cookie cracks around edge. Remove from cookie sheets to cool.