Mocha Mousse Buttercream Frosting
Recipe type: Dessert – Cupcakes
Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 1 Cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2½ cups of powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons of Ice Coffee Mix….(in my recipe I used Bickfords Iced Coffee Mix)
- 1½ teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2- 3 tablespoons of Mocha Mix
- Using a hand mixer, whip the butter on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes, stopping and scrapping the sides of the bowl. The butter should start getting creamy soft texture like.
- Reduce the speed and add the powder sugar a little at time. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients one at a time. Continue mixing until your frosting becomes soft and there are no lumps in the frosting.
- If the frosting is too thick, you can add little more of the mocha mix.
- Once all done, your mousse is ready to be placed inside the pipping bags and ready to swirl away!!