Recipe type: Cookies
Author: M&M website
These are yummy sweet crunchy cookies. All my family and friends loved them!
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated white sugar
- ⅔ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200 grams) M&M’s®
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 2 – 3 minutes).
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, beating until well combined.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. (If batter is soft, cover and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes or until firm.)
- You can use a ice cream scoop, or two spoons, form batter into large balls.
- Place six balls of dough on each baking sheet. I use parchment paper so the cookies wont stick to the pan.
- I Gently flatten each ball of dough into a 2½ inch (6.5 cm) round.
- Completely cover the tops of the cookies with the M&M’s® Gently press the candies into the dough.
- Bake the cookies for about 14 – 17 minutes, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking time. The cookies are done when they are light golden brown in color and just set around the edges. They will still seem a little soft in the center but they will firm up as they cool.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.