Lemon Royal Icing
Wanted to try a different non-after taste Royal Icing. Found this recipe from http://www.hanielas.com
- 5 Tablespoon meringue powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 lemon
- 1kg of powdered sugar sifted = 5 cups
- Warm water
- To start, sift 5 cups of powdered sugar.
- Strain lemon juice and add warm water to reach ¾ cup.
- In a bowl whisk 5 Tablespoons of meringue powder with combination of fresh lemon juice and warm water. Whisk till foamy.
- Add the Cream of Tart and whisk again will foamy.
- Add sifted powder sugar little at a time. Using paddle attachment, mix well for 10 minutes.
- You can add lemon extract or clear vanilla extract to your liking.
- When 10 minutes are up, Royal Icing will be thick!.