Recipe type: Baking
These soft spongy moist cakes are so yummy! So easy to make! This recipe make 12 Madeleines.
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp of vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup butter
- Powder sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Butter and flour 12 (3 inch) madeleine molds; set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool to room temperature.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and salt at high speed until light.
- Beating constantly, gradually add sugar; and continue beating at high speed until mixture is thick and pale and ribbons form in bowl when beaters are lifted, 10 minutes.
- Sift flour into egg mixture ⅓ at a time, gently folding after each addition.
- Add lemon zest and pour melted butter around edge of batter. Quickly but gently fold butter into batter. Spoon batter into molds; it will mound slightly above tops.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes, or until cakes are golden and the tops spring back when gently pressed with your fingertip.
- Sprinkle powder sugar on top of the Madeleines.
I dipped my Madeleins in melted white chocolate. Fun festive way to celebrate any sweet occassion.