These Coconut Macaroons are so yummy! Combination of dried coconut, whole eggs, white sugar, and vanilla extract. Warm from the oven the contrast of a crispy exterior to a moist, soft and chewy interior is amazing.
- 3 Cups Sweetened dried Coconut (shredded or flake)
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs (Room Temperature)
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees
- Line 2 cookie sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the 3 eggs really well. Add salt and pure vanilla extract and mix together. Next add in the sugar and mix well. And last add your Coconut, mix with a spatula until the coconut and rest of ingredients are moistened.
- You can use a small ice cream scooper or 1 tablespoon of batter onto the baking sheet with parchment paper, spacing several inches apart. Make about 24 Coconut Macaroons.
Chocolate Coating: 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate ( I used Toll House Chocolate Chips) ½ teaspoon butter or shortening Place the chopped chocolate and shortening in a microwaveable bowl. Melt in the microwave (or over a saucepan of simmering water).