My Favorite Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
This traditional bread is made every year in the hispanic culture. Made on January 6 to celebrate Los Tres Reyes Magos – The 3 Kings Men. Inside is placed a baby plastic figurine baby symbolizing Baby Jesus.
- 1 pkt. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 6 Tbsp. whole milk, divided
- 3 cups plus 1 Tbsp. flour, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 squares BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, cut in half
- 3 oz. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, divided
- 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar, divided
- ⅓ cup finely chopped almonds (if you are allergic to nuts, leave this out)
- chopped dried mixed fruit
- Step 1
- MIX yeast, water and 1 tsp. granulated sugar in small bowl. Place 4 Tbsp. butter in large bowl. Warm ¼ cup milk. Add to butter in bowl; stir until melted. Add 1-1/2 cups flour, remaining granulated sugar, salt, 2 eggs and yeast mixture; beat on low speed until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups of the remaining flour on low speed 2 to 3 min. or until mixture forms soft dough.
- Step 2.
- KNEAD dough on lightly floured surface 5 min. Let rest 10 min. Roll out dough to 20×6-inch rectangle. Place chocolate pieces, about 3 inches apart, down center of dough rectangle; fold dough lengthwise in half. Roll into 20-inch log; bring ends together to form ring. Place on parchment paper-covered baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in warm place 2 hours or until doubled in size.
- Step 3.
- MEANWHILE, mix remaining butter, flour, 2 oz. cream cheese, ½ cup powdered sugar and nuts until well blended. Divide into 5 pieces; roll each into 1-inch log. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat remaining egg; brush over dough. Top dough with nut logs; press gently into dough to secure.
- BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. Meanwhile, mix remaining cream cheese, milk and powdered sugar until well blended.
- TRANSFER bread to wire rack. Drizzle with glaze; top with fruit.
To see how I make this, please read my Rosca De Reyes Tutorial.
- Buttermilk Lemon Glaze Pound Cake
- Coconut Macaroons
- Cookies n’ Cream Rice Krispies Treats
- French Madeleines
- Gum Glue Adhesive
- Gum Paste Recipe
- Lemon Curd
- Lemon Curd Chiffon Cake
- Lemon Royal Icing
- M&M Cookies
- Marshmallow Fondant
- Mocha Mousse Buttercream Frosting
- Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Pumpkin Cupcakes Topped With Cinnamon Cream Cheese
- Rosca De Reyes
- Royal Icing Small Batch
- Savannah Red Cupcakes
- Strawberry Butter Cream Frosting
- Sugar Cookie For Cookie Decorating
- Sugar Cookies
- Ultimate Tres Leches Cake
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- White Chocolate Blondies
- Wilton Classic Butter Cream Icing
- Wilton Lemon Buttercream Icing